Sports Premium Funding at West Butterwick CofE Primary School
Using the Government’s Sports Premium Funding Grant we at West Butterwick wish to enable our school to develop a high quality Physical Education curriculum.
This will take place through greater participation in inter school competition across a range of sports, specific training for staff and coaching for children, purchasing new resources and promoting physical activity both in and out of school.
We will endeavour to develop our PE curriculum so that it has a greater impact upon teaching and learning within West Butterwick Ce Primary School.
Our aims for children at West Butterwick
- To help them develop positive and responsible personal qualities.
- To help them in the acquisition of an appropriate range of movement skills in a variety of contexts.
- To help them develop an appreciation of movement, physical skill and the use of the body as a means of expression and creativity.
- To promote the enjoyment of physical activity and its contribution to lifelong health-related fitness.
Our aims for the Federation
Involve our children and staff in a range of local and county wide sporting events, activities, coaching and training.
Develop a range of extra-curricular activities led by staff and/or external coaches.
Develop staff skills when teaching PE.
Increase the positive participation of girls in sporting activities.
Development of the role of Young Sport Leaders (Sport Ambassadors and Future Stars) to promote sport within school.
Promote and support involvement of parents in extra-curricular activities through their attendance at sporting events and activities throughout the school year and develop any sporting links that our parents may have.
Further develop assessment criteria for PE sessions to aid in the evaluation of our children’s development. As PE is a physical activity, most assessment is done within the lesson by observing, listening and asking questions.
- Willingness to participate in activities
- Readiness to engage with a certain activity
- Level of competence in carrying out an activity
- Interest in, and attitude to, activities.
- Willingness to co-operate in individual, pair and group activities.